You may already know Toyin Odutola from her excellent tumblr, but you haven’t received her most excellent Art Assignment just yet: Episode 3 – Toyin Odutola: Intimate, Indispensable GIF
1. Think of something intimate that is indispensable to you. (It doesn’t have to be a body part. It can be an object, place, memory, anything.)
2. Depict it in the form of a GIF. You don’t have to make drawings—you can use photographs, make a sculpture, or whatever you like.
3. Upload and share it online using whatever social media platforms you prefer, being sure to tag it with #theartassignment so we can find it.
4. Fame and glory. (Your response might be included in a future episode.)
Find and follow Toyin online: @obia_thethird, toyinodutola.com
and learn more about her work here: http://www.jackshainman.com/artists/toyin-odutola/
There’s a new art assignment!
Realistically Proportioned Barbie: we interviewed the artist who created it! - Lost At E Minor: For creative people
Finally, someone had the guts to stand up to that faker, Barbie. Pennsylvania-based artist, Nickolay Lamm, not only voiced out his opinion against Barbie-m
It really puts things into perspective. Also, I feel like they could do the same for Ken and so many action figures.
Iowa High Trestle Bridge
Spanning between the two rural communities of Woodward and Madrid, the Iowa High Trestle Bridge connects 25 miles of High Trestle Trail.. (read more)
Architect: RDG Planning & Design
Location: Woodward and Madrid, Iowa
photos by homemade iowa life
Episode 2 is live! Meet artist Chicago-based artist Deb Sokolow and receive your assignment to do a stakeout!
EPISODE 02 INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Find an interesting or intriguing object.
2. Place the object in a public spot where people can interact with it.
3. Pick a location to observe these interactions, and observe the interactions.
4. Document what happens. You can do this however you’d like, using photos, video, text, drawings, or anything else.
5. Upload your documentation and share it online using whatever social media platforms you prefer, being sure to tag it with #theartassignment so we can find it. Your response to the assignment may be included in a future episode!
Learn more about Deb’s work here: http://debsokolow.com
Listen to a great interview with her here: http://badatsports.com/2013/deb-sokolow-interview/
And if you haven’t already, subscribe!
There is a new art assignment. This one I might do.
So you’ve nabbed yourself a designer and life is good. You inherently feel more creative and have a newfound confidence wearing glasses. But before you dive headfirst into a world of logos and coffee and deadlines, there are a few quirks you ought to consider when dating designer folk.
"They will take to the formatting of your resume with a hatchet, and the outcome will be spectacularly more professional than your best suit."
Haha so true!